Anyway, here's a boring list of boring things done in the last 24 hours or so....randomly ordered:
1.Watched part of Terms of Endearment which I'd never seen. How'd that happen? Wondered to myself: "where is Debra Winger now anyway?
What happened? She was so great."
Too lazy to find out.
2. Left the movie playing to have a bloody Mary with Dave (by which I mean I had a bloody Mary, and he had a much less embarrassing beer).
3.Got told by a drunk, hand on my arm: "I got laid more in shtrait bars than in the fag bars." Thankfully, we were at a fag bar.
5. Got lost in the quarter at eleven, looking for where I had parked my car. Passed it three times. I spooked a homeless man by walking past him too often.
6. Got up early and took a walk in the 2,000 degree heat to get an iced
coffee. Saw a group of
Bel Ami-porn starsCzech exchange
students nestled together there in a circle, earnestly watching the World Cup on
a laptop. I could only tell they were Czech, by the flag on one of their shirts. I looked it up. Debra Winger's career can
I didn't get a photo of the boys, but I did of these houses on
the way back to the car. Sorry.
7.Petted some neighbor's cat. Her right ear is split about 3 fourths the way down,
I notice. I wonder what happened? She has no collar, but is well fed. She's
aggressively affectionate. Rushes up from under the house to greet me
whenever we meet.
8. Went to the library. Got caught in yet another
flooding New Orleans noontime rain. Since I couldn't leave, I stayed inside and
read a few short stories: Raymond Carver.
9. Checked out Pam Grier's new autobiography:
Read the best part, about her finding out from her doctor that she
had cocaine residue in her vagina when she was dating Richard Pryor.
10. Got distracted from my reading. At the table across from me was yet
another eastern European youngster (what's the
deal?). This one Russian, chatting by Skype with what looked
like his girlfriend...or hopefully, his sister (not a great looker,
she....sorry, but true.)
11. Went to the Dollar General. Was asked if I worked there. Always flattering. Got a deal on some Mexican pots (That sentence would sound so much cooler without that "s" on it wouldn't it? But then when have I ever been cool?)
12. Planted some Salvia (which I misread as Saliva, but still bought)
13. Went to Target. Bought a diet coke and a cookie.
14. Went to Chik-Fil-A, chatted with a former student who works there.
15. Came home, finished watching Terms of Endearment (I won't even mention
why I'm watching it....I'm embarrassed), but it's pretty good, actually. Had a
bit of a cry, but not much. Yes, it's true.
16. Saw a double rainbow,first in years.