Apr 2, 2010
(not quite) Good (enough) Friday
Today, having the day off, I did much of nothing. Actually, I've been so tired and funky lately that I haven't been able to muster doing much other than work and sleep. Let me bore you with today's utter boredom:
1. Went to mass this morning, at a church I visit only very rarely...just because it's pretty. My way to God is through interior decoration. I've learned this.
I skulked in the back, like a good Catholic does, hoping no one engaged me in conversation. It always mortifies me how Protestants want to "be your friend" and offer coffee and donuts after church. To hell with that. I'd be for a drive through communion if I could.
2. Bought myself some challah (I can't help but instinctively say "muthafuckas!" on the end of that word for some reason...ok, because I'm just stupid like that) at Whole Foods. And some blue irises...again. I figure if it goes stale, I can always make bread pudding with it, right? I finally made a great one (with whiskey sauce and all) the other Saturday...at midnight. That's how I roll when I'm anxious and depressed....I'm talking bread pudding at 12 and brownies at 2 am. It ain't pretty. Anyway, I think I might have finally gotten it right. Wisely, I took most it to my father or I'd be in a coma by now. He says it's good, so that's all I need.
3. Bought some new pants to go with the linen jacket I'd bought two or so years ago to attend a wedding outdoors. I couldn't figure out what to wear to such a thing then. It's impossible to match, so I haven't. I've worn it exactly once. I'm debating wearing it on Easter Sunday. I'll be seeing "Wicked" that night, and that seems like as good an excuse to wear a linen jacket as any.
I read the book and almost liked it. The book seemed needlessly serious. Maybe the khaki suit I've never worn before, though it's really too long....or maybe just jeans. Ok, I'm needlessly serious too.
4. Got home and entertained enrolling in French classes at the Alliance Francaise here...but dropped the ball. Maybe one day. I've been helping out the two Haitian girls (who could not be sweeter) with their English a bit, only to realize how pathetic my French is. If I can even call it my French. I shouldn't have skipped all of those language labs. I spent that time in the library reading back issues of Interview and dreaming of leaving the westbank. Yeah, look where that got me.
5. Took myself to see "Hot Tub Time Machine" and was pleasantly surprised. Not that it's good or anything. I mean one vomit joke is funny. Two, well...ok, is still kind of funny. Anyway, any excuse to hear Scritti Politti again for a few minutes.