Apr 29, 2010

me stalk pretty one day


Tonight I went to see David Sedaris with Carlos, Marshall and Jason. I've been a fan of his for years, but then I'm hardly alone there. His reading was just as funny as you'd expect, but relaxed. I don't think I'd ever seen quite so many white people in my life.

Anyway, I don't know if you're like me. God, I hope you aren't. But I sometimes get in my head an obsession. You know, after reading about something in a book, I'll have to see it, or even eat it. That's how you find yourself trying to bake madeleines at
1 a.m. Oh, not a good idea to try to craft makeshift madeleine pans out of used aluminum foil either, just so you know.


Anyway, after reading about Hugh, David's partner, over and over, I became obsessed with finding a photo of him. It was well nigh impossible, but I'm not one to shy away from a challenge....and a while back I finally succeeded. (see above)
It's pretty cute too, I think. Now I can put a face to the stories, not that it really mattered after all.

5 comments:

govtdrone said...

Thanks for the photo of Hugh. I was also curious about what he looked like but was too lazy to research.

The Cool Cookie said...

Hugh is on the cover of Barrell Fever with David. He has a "drifty" eye. I want to know what the man does for a living.

What I want to know is what did his mother look like.

Its amazing but when I first saw Sedaris back about two years after the "Elf" piece came out I saw Sedaris and he was a slight little man. But now that he's stopped smoking, and from what this [picture shows, he's beginning to look like a lot of older Greek men that I know.

Jill said...

I think it does matter. I need a face with the stories/blogs/etc. Otherwise, I get carried away and imagine all sorts of horrors.

Salty Miss Jill said...

Hugh is much younger and cuter than I imagined. Go on with your bad self, David Sedaris!
I am more curious to see what his brother Paul and father look like.
And, if you really want to see a bunch of white people, try going to a Belle & Sebastian concert. Holy shit, I thought I was in Denmark.

normadesmond said...

yes, thank you! i'd always imagined hugh as VERY different.