Oct 1, 2009

missed connections

Found this by way of towleroad. They're from Missed Connections. It's
the site of an artist, Sophie Blackall, who illustrates Craigslist Missed Connections ads (always my favorites) ever so winsomely.

Monday, March 23, 2009
-m4w (Harlem)
Remember? Uptown A train. Sunday at around 9pm. I was the black dude reading Bukowski's Post Office. You were reading the Arts and Leisure section. You passed wind rather loudly and started chuckling. I'd like to see you again. The flatulence wasn't a turn-off.



Wednesday, September 23, 2009
- w4m - 23 (Hoboken, NJT station)
I just wanted to say thank you for offering to help carry my little orangey/pink suitcase. It really meant a lot because I was having a really terrible day.
-Half asian girl in the green shirt



Saturday, September 5, 2009
- m4m - 29 (astoria)
we were both swimming around 5-6 in astoria pool. we ended up walking the same direction in the park for a while but didn't talk. i wish i had said hi...so i figured i would on here.
worth a shot.


________________________________________

I shudder to think what she'd do with some of the gems I've found there. There aren't enough colored pencils in the world to depict some things.

3 comments:

Miss Janey said...

Nice post Jason. These are lovely.

larry said...

i like m4m,hairy bearded swimmer:-P

Dean Grey said...

Jason!

Wow! I LOVE these!!

Thanks so much for posting this artist's work and the link to her blog.

Such a unique concept!

-Dean