Oct 7, 2007

snippet overheard

Tonight I went to a housewarming party at my friend Geronimo's out in the Marigny. His roommate is moving back to L.A., so it was also a going away party (all too many of those nowadays)

It was all pretty low key.

Nursing a rum and coke, loitering over the vegetable platter, I overhear:

"Yeah, I always carry an icepick in my purse. Wanna see it?
Ever since I was shot,"

The 60 something pre-op trans-sexual lesbian/former Navy man tells the cute young lesbian couple on the couch.

"My son says I ought to move. He's stationed up in Virgina. He's a big Saints fan."

4 comments:

Trevor Messersmith said...

whoa...I usually keep my ice pick in my sock.

Silly Monkey said...

"The 60 something pre-op trans-sexual lesbian/former Navy man"

Why are all the parties that I go to NEVER this interesting?

jason said...

Uh...three words, Jason:
Larry
Frogs
Bea Arthur.
I think you've been to some interesting parties all right.

Silly Monkey said...

OMG, you're right! LOL. I'd totally blocked that out of my memory! Thanks for the refreshment. ;)