Sep 17, 2011

Love disco love



Just got this in the mail today....and as soon as I read the liner notes, I knew it would be good.
To wit:

"Lenny Bailey Strings 'Do It With Me'

There are certain things I look for in a record:
1. Did someone hand draw the logo with a bingo marker?
2. Does it sound like it was recorded by pimps and hustlers in a crackhouse on stolen equipment?
3.Do the vocalists sound like their day job is prostitution?
This track ticks all my boxes."

It ticks all my boxes too.

Alas, I couldn't find that gem on you tube, but, in lieu, here's one of my favorites:


9 comments:

Stephen said...

That little tune got my disco ball to rotate!

govtdrone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
govtdrone said...

"Complied by Al Kent" Yes, because lord knows if it had been compiled by someone else it wouldn't be half as good!

ayeM8y said...

You know we are Disco Sisters!

Holding hands during the "Couples only" roller disco section.

Compile on...

normadesmond said...

i've never heard this ditty...
self published, always telling.

Klee said...

Thanks for number 3 (day job comment), made me laugh early on a lazy Sunday morning. Love your sense of humor and please post more your "mother's wisdom" comments. She sounds like a lady I'd love to know!

Anonymous said...

"Say What? You don't know my name?" That's what you say before the police arrive.

Ur-spo said...

groovy!

Salty Miss Jill said...

YES!!!!