Jun 6, 2010

name dropping and radish eating

Tonight I went to a birthday party for a twenty two year old.

We were crammed into a tiny little suburban apartment doing karaoke to Peabo Bryson and Roberta Flack.
Let me tell you, I killed on the Roberta, baby, but you knew that already, right?
But there was nothing to eat there but chicken wings and radishes.
Wtf?
That ain't right.

Too hungry and too sober, we ended up much later at some gay bar drinking "Peanut butter and jelly" shots (I still don't even know what that is) eating eating burgers at 4 am.

I mean really, who the hell has a party and serves radishes??
But I digress...

Dennis, his friends Corey and Arthur and I made our escape from the radishes early with the excuse of seeing Barbara Lynn at Rock n Bowl:






We didn't get to see much of her show, but we did get to meet Irma Thomas. We also saw Mr. Helen Mirren (Taylor Hackford) himself, but then nothing as exciting as Irma.

The crowd was very small, but as always there, filled with white straight people.
I'm talking painfully white and painfully straight.


Being bored, Dennis and I immediately scoped the place out for any possible gays.
We could only find one. The hottest, gayest one was the one
right next to me.
"Look at that one right next to you, the one in the green," Dennis tells me.

And with a bit of consultation, we realized it was none other than Peter Sarsgaard himself.




Yes indeed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say that seeing Peter made that somewhat horrific evening well worth it. Sometimes you have to get through the sour mix to taste the sweetness of the drink.

The Mistress said...

The crowd was very small, but as always there, filled with white straight people.
I'm talking painfully white and painfully straight.


And people wonder why I only want to socialize with gay men.

Anonymous said...

I was just watching Peter Saaaaaaarsgaaaaaard in a trailer for The Mysteries of Pittsburgh and was thinking: He's the only straight guy I know with Gay Voice.

Salty Miss Jill said...

And then you took him straight home, right?
MJ, I hear you, sister!

normadesmond said...

if i had crushes on movie stars, i'd have one hell of a crush on peter.


wv:rizing

well lookiehere, i s'pose it is!

Mar gar et said...

Sarsgaard said: "I like the death-cult aspect of Catholicism. Every religion is interested in death, but Catholicism takes it to a particularly high level.."
_______________________________________

That explains why he was in Nola.

govtdrone said...

Well he did make out with Liam Neeson in the movie Kinsey.

Miss Janey said...

Get the F out!!! He is so cute... Not so gay, tho. But at least nor PAINFULLY straight.

Ur-spo said...

radish servers are up to no good.

Who you callin' housewife? said...

Thanks for introducing me to Barbara Lynn. She's cooooooool!

But, for the love of God, radishes? That's just entertaining gone to hell.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he IS gay. Maggie G. looks like she'd be a fabulous beard and hag!