May 16, 2008

"I confessed to her over the yoghurt."

"She accepted my disability very calmly. She said it made no difference to our love but I couldn't help thinking that her kisses lacked their usual passion as we were saying good-night after youth club.
Friday Oct 2.
I am very unhappy and once again turned to great literature for solace."


(From The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4)

As you can see, I've been tagged by JB at My Grey Garden.
His instructions were:

1.Pick up the nearest book.
2.Open to page 123.
3.Locate the fifth sentence.
4.Post the next three sentences on your blog and in so doing...
join the fun, if you please.

(I'm going to be thinking with a 13 3/4th year old British accent now for weeks...again.)

4 comments:

joe*to*hell said...

what in the hell book is that

JB said...

Funny, I read that with a British accent.

Elizabeth said...

I dare you to go back to school on Monday and teach speaking like a 13 3/4 year old British boy.

Michael said...

"And the cool thing was, he liked Best Buy; he felt at home there. It was a privilege to be surrounded by all these amazing products-- big-screen TVs, audio components galore, wafer-thin laptops with ultrafast processors, pocket-sized digital cameras, rack upon rack of movies, music, and video games-- the accumulated bounty of the world's high-tech wizardry. It was, he often thought, like working in a Museum of Wonders."

(From Tom Perrotta's The Abstinence Teacher)

Doomed! It's always blissful at first, but a love affair with Best Buy is bound to get rocky.