Aug 9, 2010

I bought a pig


A few days ago I decided to finally cancel my match.com subscription. I've been paying them for all these years. And for what? I mean really

I realized it was a disgrace for me to be wasting money on rejection and heartbreak when it could be put to much better use.

So, I donated the money to Heifer.org

This year I bought a pig.

Last year (in honor of my birthday) I'd bought a goat.

I'm just hoping my goat is still alive....being milked and breeding little kids...and that she didn't end up on the bad end of barbecue pit.

I'd have liked to have given her a name, you know?
I don't know why they couldn't have gotten her to write me a letter like the children I sent money to did,
I'm sure she could have scratched something out with a hoof, right?

Anyway, I'm naming my pig.
He's going to be Raoul, whether they like it or not.

Hell, at least my pig is going to have a sexy name, dammit.

9 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Good for you, Jason!

-Dean

David Toms said...

I am with you on this one. I "own" several goats and cows in vearious exotic locales around the world. The least I could get is an invitation to visit them.

Jill said...

Good idea...I've considered doing this. You've inspired me.

My cousin and his girlfriend have been visiting for the last FIVE days. They've been dating for two years and met on eHarmony. I'm still ambivalent about online dating. But, it seems to work for some.

Jill said...

I'm beginning to resemble Miss Piggy...I need to cut back on the booze.

Who you callin' housewife? said...

I've been looking for a place to put all of my extra money. I'll look into this organization.

I'm going to start thinking of some names now.

ayeM8y said...

Oh sweetheart. You do such good. Why do the heavens not give you what you desire? You’re banking some serious karma points and one day your going to receive the best gift in return. It’s either going to be Jude Law or the most jewel laden crown the after life has ever known.

Any chance I could borrow a pound of bacon?

Mar gar et said...

Raoul has a very nice adoptive daddy!

I am in the process of adopting vegetables.

The kind that grows in dirt.

The Cool Cookie said...

Good for you! There for a minute I thought you had lost your good sense and bought a Harley.

Husband makes sure that we give to Heifer.org. But the husband buys goats because he feels that they are more universally useful. Balderdash; everyone loves bacon!

And here's the best part - now that you have done something selfless, the universe will reward you. Could be something like a sunny day, or it could be a dream date.

Be on the look out!

Philip Mershon said...

I knew a pig named Raoul once.