Mar 7, 2010

twelve things learned in the past 48 hours

1. Nothing is cuter than a group of nuns...in habits...at an sidewalk cafe...at night...eating croissants...playing with a puppy.

2. There's never a camera when needed.

3. "Smushed" is a "Jersey shore verb" which is also a Westbank verb, but then many are.

4. I have a New Orleans accent (ahem)

5. The Banana Republic model who catches your eye while gayly prancing out of his Land Rover at Whole Foods will surprisingly (?) retrieve one of a set of twins from his homely wife and proceed to prance to the cheese counter, with her lumbering behind him.

6. I have two gray eyebrow hairs.

7. Missourians pronounce it "Missouruh" in the northern part of the state. Brad Pitt is from Missouruh.

8. I don't care.

9. Nicholas Cage, in real life, is small and thin and looks "like Phyllis Diller".

10. I really want to see Phyllis Diller.

11. Blood oranges aren't worth the extra price.

12. How ridiculously fun it is to read lines with Tallulah Bankhead.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry honey... brad pitt is from SOUTHERN Missouri (Springfield) where it is pronounced Missour-ee...

jason said...

and we have a number 13.

Michael Guy said...

ONLY TWO gray eyebrow hairs?! Betch I am constantly tweezering for fear folks will mistake me for Einstein.

ayeM8y said...

It is fun isn't it? Are you doing the Penelope Pepper accent? I'll try to record a couple more scenes for the coming week.

Stoke...stroke...strooooke.

Philip Mershon said...

RE #6 - pluck 'em.

RE #12 - probably a lot more fun than partying with her - safer too!

Mar gar et said...

Noo Awlins doesn't have "just for men facial/eyebrow/nose hair color" yet? Perhaps Brad will snail mail you sum from 'Ms. Zourie', land o' butter.

mrpeenee said...

Nothing as charming as a good New Orlyuns accent. Expecially when taking a crack at "mayonnaise."

Mar gar et said...

Yum...cracked mayonnaize on Brad...

Anonymous said...

That's "Jersey Shore" as in the MTV show ("smushed" was first used by Ronnie).

I had better post this anonymously.

Jill said...

I have one platinum blonde eyebrow hair...that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

I say, "tumped"...I think it's a Texas thing. Ex: That thar boat done tumped over!

I would love to hear your accent!

Miss Janey said...

Here's 13, Jason: Miss J once made out with a complete stranger in a ba because he looked like Nicolas Cage. (In her defense, it was the early 90s & he didn't yet look like Miss Diller.)