1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
Thank you to the ever debonair tjb at Stirred, Straight Up, with a Twist
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
(sheesh, it's kind of a hideous thing there, isn't it? sorry.)
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
I'm one step ahead of you there, bud.
4. Name seven things about yourself that people might find interesting. (uhhh..."might" being the key word.)
1. When I first began college I intended to become an architect.
That's why I even chose the university to which I went. My father is an engineer and that was the only "artistic" pursuit of which he approved. (and only barely). I'd actually taken a course before college, learning to draw up blueprints and the rudiments of architecture. I did fairly well in it until my sophomore year in college....until I realized that math skills seemed to be oddly important. Liberal Arts, here I came.
I'm actually a pretty good cook...well, I think I am. However, I rarely do it anymore. I have a kitchen with barely running water and no dishwasher...and there's no one around here to cook for but me...and what fun is that? But that still doesn't stop me completely. I've had to curtail the midnight
baking, though. It was getting crazy there for a while.
3. I was a vegetarian for a few years in my twenties, until it took a toll on my hair. Vanity always wins over good intentions.
4.I think I'm the most poorly traveled person I know. Sadly, I've never been to Europe (or at least yet). I've only ever left Louisiana perhaps twenty or so times in my life. I've never been further west than El Paso, or further east than NYC. I have made a conscious effort, however, to remedy this in the past four or so years.
5. I love naked women, but then that's been established here before.
6.My new favorite color of the moment is a sort of Nile Blue. (like these pillows I just bought).
7. I can be somewhat of a flakey newagey sort....but I keep it (fairly) well hidden. I mortify myself sometimes. I'm not above making fun of flakey newagey sorts who are even flakier and newageier than I am, however.