His rules are:
1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. Tag eight other un-tagged people.
1. What is your current obsession?
Coincidences. Actually that's a perennial obsession.
2. What do you see outside your window?
When I first read this question, I lamented that I don't have a camera and can't show it, but then I remembered a segment done by the Times Picayune a few months ago with a picture of a fairly approximate view from my window. Here's the pic published with it.
If you look really hard you can actually see my bedroom window.
3. If you could have any super power what would it be?
The ability to shape shift...or to be able to do algebra.
4. What is your favorite color?
Coincidentally (but not surprisingly) Like Mr. Peacock, I like the whole wheel, but if I were forced to choose, I'd have to say red...or cobalt.
5. Who was the last person you hugged?
My friend Lisa.
6. Which animal would you be?
A house cat with an indulgent master, you know, like me.
7. What’s for dinner?
Coincidence! Ironically, mine is the exact same answer as what Mr. Peacock said.
Like him, I will be making "Indian food, but I bought the Naan bread."
I bought the naan a while back however, at Whole Foods. I wheeled around a basketful of frozen Naan, corn chips and brownies, surely the least healthy cart in that store.
8. What’s the last thing you bought?
9. What are you listening to right now?
The church bells from across the bayou. It's lovely.
10. What are your current favorite films?
Current, as in just seen? hmmm....actually none stand out. Any recommendations?
11. What’s on your beside table?
A brand new polished nickle lamp with square shade, a little nickle plated brass tray with a pen, my watch, my address book, an old fashioned alarm clock which is prone to failing, a plastic digital 3 dollar alarm clock, which seems to have been infected by my old alarm clock and now is prone to failing too.
12. If you could have a house totally paid for, and fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Too hard a question, but let me try: One here in New Orleans, one is the South of France (where I've never been), one in Paris (where I've also never been).
13. What would you like to have in your hands right now?
14. What is your favorite children's book?
Of course, I too could have put From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, but I've already posted about that one once.
Instead, I'll say one of my old books I just found just yesterday in a box at my mother's, one of my very favorites:
Here's a synopsis:
"Andrew Henry is a young 'inventor' whose inventions drive his family to distraction. Feeling unloved, he sets out for a place where he can do as he pleases. After he finds the meadow of the title, he builds a house for himself, and is soon joined by several other children. Everyone gets their own house, and there's a happy ending."
I mean really, this book was tailor made for me. I see they're making a film of it this coming year. I'm not sure how I feel about that, however.
15. What is your favorite tea flavor?
Very, very strong black tea.
16. What is your favorite article of clothing?
Now? Gosh, nothing really. I'd have to say the vintage sport coat from the early 60s I got once at a thrift store, custom made in Hong Kong for some lucky gentleman who was the same size I was 10 years ago.
17. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
18. What did you want to become as a child?
An artist, an indian, an architect, a king.
19. What posters/pictures do you have on your bedroom wall?
I have two paintings of my own hanging. Gauche, I know.
20. What is your plan for tomorrow?
To leave work as early as I can.
21. What was your first job?
Working in a bookstore. I'd get so flustered every time I'd have to count money I would nearly hyperventilate. umm...I was best kept in the stacks.
22. Say something to the person/s who tagged you:
I wish I had half the style of Mr. Peacock. Seriously.
23.Post a favorite childhood photograph of yourself:
Not necessarily my favorite, but the only one I've scanned. It's still a good one, I think.
So, I've never actually tagged anyone in one of these memes before, and I'm sure no one will indulge me, but I'm curious, so consider yourself tagged:
Marshall at Wander this World
Carlos at Always the hours
Deb at The Ladder
The Mean Dirty Pirate himself
fendor at Fendor
Elizabeth at Love, Elizabeth
ur-spo at Spo Reflections