May 17, 2009

honest to God

Because Peenee has tagged me with an "Honest Blogger" meme, I need to write "ten honest things" about myself. I think I've written about 500 already, but hey, what's eleven more? Here goes:


1. I don't much like bluntness or honesty, actually, but I can be both when I get really mad. That's never a good thing.

2. I failed remedial algebra twice before I managed to get into real algebra, which I then failed.

3. Three of my favorite foods are cheese, bread and tomatoes, and yet I don't like pizza.

4. I'm a christian, but a bit embarrassed by that fact.

5. Three words I always misspell: embarrassed, parallel, weird.

6. I wish this blog were better.

7. I spent much of my childhood climbing trees, making up stories in my mind about fantasy lands. If I could get back up in a tree today, I think I would.

8.I was notorious in school for not reading having read the novel, but still getting an A.

9.I often find myself envying couples shopping together,
even when they're bickering.

10. I bite my nails when I'm bored or nervous (in other words, all the time).

11. I come from a long line of criminals.

12 comments:

Ur-spo said...

so what is the matter with the blog?
What do you mean by you want it better?
It is "you", is it not is it not?

I like it as it is - and you.

jason said...

thanks, urspo...
it *is* me I want to be better I think.

mrpeenee said...

I KNEW we were related.

As Fran Leibowitz said, "Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra. In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra."

TJB said...

I failed algebra, too! Which is how I knew that, like Susan Kohner in "Imitation of Life," I was really white, white, WHITE!!!. 'Cause, you know, Asians are s'posed to be good at math and stuff.

ilduce said...

Jason,

Both you and the blog are wonderful!

The Mistress said...

Mark me down as another math flunkie.

Miss Janey said...

Miss J enjoys Jason's blog. And his truth.

Silly Monkey said...

I have to agree with Ur-spo. Your blog's about you, for the most part, and I like that. Just stick with what's working. :)

I tutored algebra. What a shame we didn't go to school together.

Anonymous said...

if you climb trees after a certain age it becomes quite sad and dangerous, because those hip bones snap like twigs.

Colleen said...

I am the same with a childhood in trees, being bad at algebra, and your oft-misspelled words. I am the opposite about pizza!

Jill said...

Unfortunately I always misspell unfortunatley...I'm so glad you visited my blog. You are darling!

Salty Miss Jill said...

Better than what?
I think your blog is perfect. :)