Aug 7, 2008

From the frontlines

When I get depressed, I often find myself placing or answering personal ads.

Hey, some people cut themselves, I choose a more self destructive route.
What can I say.
Anyway, a few weeks ago, I put up an ad. (The men here in the entire state of LA were uniformly disgusting, by the way, no surprise.)
But internationally, well, more interesting.

A week ago, I saw that someone had left me a message. It read:

"Hey, handsome. You are very handsome man!"

I clicked on the link and here were his pictures:






His name is "Zosi" and he lives in Iraq. Because I'm intrigued, and because, well, he's cuter than anyone in this state, I wrote back. I asked (what I assumed) anyone would write. I thanked him and asked him about how things were over there, how was it to be gay in Iraq.

Here was his reply:


"oh man am so open minded baby - all is ok here and life is pretty good"

Whew, I'm glad that's settled. I mean it's good to know things are swinging out there.
"Mission accomplished" as W said.

8 comments:

Salty Miss Jill said...

He is also handsome man, yes?

TJB said...

Jason, I think I shall undertake the project of finding you a partner. There *must* be someone, in all of LA, worthy of you. I'll field calls, do research, conduct preliminary interviews!

And, besides, it'll take my mind off the fact that I can't find one here in all of NY.

jason said...

Jill: yes.
TJB: God bless you.

Jim said...

Perhaps TJB and Jason can do an ex-exhange?

Miss Janey said...

If that's not an inducement to nelist in the US Army, what else is?

TJB said...

To paraphrase Phyllis Povah in "The Women": I wouldn't wish my ex's on my worst friend!

Colleen said...

Wow, what an excellent conversationalist! You must start up an epistilary relationship with him. Oh, the boxes of romantic letters from him that you will treasure! Will you ever meet? Who knows, but you will have those correspondances always.

Silly Monkey said...

I'm packing my bags for Iraq as I write this. I hope he likes dogs.