Jan 16, 2015

St. Sade's Day

Today, it seems, is the feast day of Our Lady of Perpetual Cool, St. Sade Adu herself.

Seems 56 or so years ago, she wafted down from heaven to make the world a little bit better.
(Thanks to fellow worshiper, Thom, for the reminder)

I think if a gun were held to my head and I had to choose but one of her songs as my favorite (horror!), I just might have to pick this one.
There are others, less obvious ones, but if I had to choose, I would have to choose this one, from the songs that first seduced my little ears.

The video is also a favorite of mine, so soignee it makes me ache. Good God, but I want to live whenever and wherever she is in this video. How do I get there???

Anyway, here it is.  I'll be playing it tonight like a cassingle you have to wind back up with a pencil because it's been played it too many times



5 comments:

normadesmond said...

i've always liked sharday. many complained she always sounded the same, but i say it was a good same.

Princess said...

Sade, now that brings back memories... But I think my attraction for that clip had more to do with the boy on that smooooth Sax in the background....

Andrea said...

All of my major life decisions were made to the sounds of a Sade record.I'm convinced they were the right ones thanks to her too ;)

Anonymous said...

It may be the bourbon talking, but this version sounds just slightly faster than I remember the song being. (It's been a long month in Florida.)

And Miss Desomd, lord, she entertains me.

Joseph

Ur-spo said...

Funny,she was not listed in this year's Saint of the Day app.