Jun 24, 2011

¡Viva el sofa!



I won't go into the ridiculous melodramatic angsting that followed the horrible deeply traumatic desecration of my sofa a few weeks ago.....
again.

I've been earnestly shopping for a new one....and earnestly putting off the purchase of a new one....for two main reasons:

a. I haven't completely decided what I want yet.
b. I'm poor.

In the meanwhile, I've been decorating on a limited budget:
nothing.

I pulled out this blanket I'd bought in Mexico a million years ago when I was 11 or so, and
voila!
It's like Tijuana all in here now, y'all!

Maybe I'll get myself out on the street like a street urchin and hustle some peanuts and iguanas to fund this new couch. Couldn't hurt, right? Besides, a donkey show would ruin my drapes.

Anyway, right now I'm sooooo resisting the urge to hang a pinata...
but only just barely.

6 comments:

Nathan said...

Wow, I need to make a run for the border. It gives your couch "sazon!"

No seriously, it doesn't look bad at all.

sam said...

gurl, you can make a pinata with a balloon, flour and water. paper mache 4 lyfe!

Breezy said...

I think it brightens up your room. Sazon indeed!

Jill said...

Love it! Ole'

Michael Guy said...

YOU need a bullfighter painting on velvet to set the house on fire!

LOOKS fine! And hang the dang pinata!

The Mistress said...

A couple of lucha libre wrestlers on the sofa would complete the room.