Jun 24, 2011

In which a new character is introduced....

So it's a month till my next birthday...and well, I kind of have an announcement.
I have a boyfriend.
(Yeay!)

I've been loath to mention it here because, well, I'm afraid of jinxing things.
You know what kind of romantic (I use the word lightly) luck (I use that word even more lightly)
I have. Sheesh. You can't be too careful. Well, I can't.

But anyway, the gist is this: he's a really great guy.
I mean really.
He's handsome and talented and funny and artistic and smart and creative
and manly.
How'd I get this lucky?
I'm scared.
I mean how many men do you know who can fire a rifle like a sharpshooter, speak Russian like a student cosmonaut, dance like a black girl, sew like Edith Head, weld like Tuesday, drive a forklift like a longshoreman, move tanks like a general, renovate like a gay man?
And that's the short list.

He's a true renaissance man. It's crazy.

Anyway, henceforth he will be referred to by the...um...clever pseudonym, "John".
I just hope I haven't jinxed things by this indiscreet announcement.

Carry on.

19 comments:

ricola said...

I'm a weirdo who cares about great things happening to lovely people. I also really enjoyed the post about your grandfather.

savannah said...

this is our time, sugar! the second half of the year is gonna be aces for all of us!!! mabruk and mazeltov, baby! xoxoxoxoxo

designing wally said...

How nice for you..
One day at a time & don't think too much!

Kim Hambric said...

I was hoping that was what your post title was referring to. I envy you for his dancing abilities.

ilduce said...

Hooray! (and of course, I'm jealous) ;)

Anonymous said...

Does he have a brother?

Michael said...

Mazel, brotha. So happy for you.

mrpeenee said...

Yay. Mean it.

My adventures said...

Congrats! Seems love is in the air! Where's my bevnaps?

Mr. Bluehaunt said...

Omg...I thought the "no boyfriend" whining had been a bit less lately...
Just kidding! :P
Congrats!
xo

normadesmond said...

love reading this.

Nathan said...

Congrats babe, you deserve it!

Send up some luck, I can't even get a decent craigslist hookup these days.

Mar gar et said...

Your mother, does she know this John character?

Is he the reason for the snazzy Mexican blenkit? Make him sew you some slipcovas. Then post pics.

govtdrone said...

"weld like Tuesday" Heh, I see what you did there. Anyway, congrats to you but try not to let your neuroses get the best of you.

The Cool Cookie said...

Darling, I am late to the party but so very happy for you.

Take one day at a time, comunicate with one and other, and don't get obsessive.

One word of warning though, if he disappears on a major holiday with a lame excuse (I have to go home change out the Posh Puff's boxes in my bathrooms - I'll be back in nine hours...) then call a private dick.

But until them, just go with the flow.

Anonymous Jason Fan said...

Congratulations from your anonymous Jason fan - you deserve every happiness.

And a new sofa.

Jill said...

You haven't jinxed anything...

Yay, you!!

ayeM8y said...

Okay! Okay! Okay!

How did I miss this news? Maybe that's why the Earth shook a little bit the other day.

Now you can complain from the other side about having a boyfriend around all the time...

The Mistress said...

How did I miss this?

He's got himself a catch, THAT much I know.