Mar 4, 2011

vendredi gras

So, I've been trying to figure out some sort of costume for Mardi gras day, just in case it's like 2000 degrees again (as it was a few days ago) and my Prince of the Monkeys costume (down there) is just too damned hot to wear.
I'm not sure I want to walk for hours in hose. I really don't know how you women do it.

Hmmmm...I thought. what will allow me to keep my beard, wear sandals and shorts?
Roman Centurion!
Of course, that proved too hard and expensive. Every Roman helmet around seemed gone or too expensive. It's gonna be like Cleopatra up in here come Tuesday.

Well, I can only hope.

A post work trip to a suburban party store yielded a Pharoah's hat, and I spent the afternoon creating a collar made of spray painted foam...and foam plates and voila.
An old sheet perhaps and maybe a borrowed gold lamé cape, and well, we'll see...
I may totally change my mind by Tuesday. Who knows. I might end up being a mummified monkey drag queen (Cher?) or something.

9 comments:

normadesmond said...

i always like to open the closet and just throw something together, real ad hoccy.

Elizabeth said...

I find the King-Tut look is always a good fashion choice!

Princess said...

Will you be displaying your Asp?

Princess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Philip Mershon said...

Please don't make me insist on a photographic essay of the outcome.

David Toms said...

Just as I am watching Brad Pitt in Troy. Just wear a toga.

Ur-spo said...

I mummified drag queen sounds like a redundancy.
Or Mae West.

Unknown said...

I'm back at work after 4 days of my first Mardi Gras. So much fun - I wish I Had stayed to see your costume!

Jill said...

mummified monkey drag queen...I want to see that!