Aug 29, 2015

Ten years...

I saw this old weather worn sticker the other day on the back of a stop sign. I had to stop. It's from the Book of the Dead.

So, ten years ago today, I was lucky.  I mean, in the space of a few hours, I lost my home,  everything I owned, both sentimental and material, my job, my very place of employment...good friends to other cities, and two relatives to death.

But I'm still lucky.

 I'm grateful for the friends I still do have, that the city is even better in some ways than it was before, but most importantly that my parents are still here.  I just hope ten years later I can say the same.


7 comments:

normadesmond said...

YES!

Raina Cox said...

I'm very glad you're still here.

Andrea said...

Hard to believe it's been 10 years. It's still very raw for me. Ah well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? Tough bunch we must be.

Ur-spo said...

may the next ten be something marvelous for you.

Diane said...

Oh, my dear! Much love on this painful anniversary!

Who you callin' housewife? said...

Wishing you ( and your beautiful city) 10 amazing years to come.

Mistress Maddie said...

And to think, it creates a great survivor.